An offshoot of the Ibberson family

• 10 July, 2008 at 19:59 #513
    Beery
    Participant

Hi folks,

My name's Ian Cooper. I've been researching my family tree for a few months now and I've found a link from my family to the Samuel Ibberson listed here at this site. I have a lot of info and a couple of photos that I'd like to submit to the site, but I really don't know how to go about it. If anyone can clue me in on how things work here I'd be very grateful.

The following is how I'm related to the Ibbersons:

Samuel Ibberson had a son (with his second wife) called Thomas. Thomas Ibberson had a daughter, Lilly who married Henry Chapman. They had a son, Edward Leslie Chapman who was my grandfather. Eddie was a well-known person in Heeley as he was the oldest person in the village – he died in 2004 at the age of 102.

Anyway, I have a photo of Thomas Ibberson that I can send, and also one of Lilly Ibberson. I just need to figure out how to send them.

11 July, 2008 at 17:11 #619
    Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Ian,

Good to meet a 'cousin' I never knew I had!

As you will see, the Ibberson family are particularly interesting, and we are fortunate to have gathered a fair amount of information, Particularly about Alfred, brother to your Thomas, and his families. I well remember his daughter, Nellie, my G Grandmother, and his son Ted, who emigrated to Canada.

I'll work with you to discover more about Thomas, and I'm sure that, with the help of Les, Grandson of Alfred, who has done much to research the Ibberson lines, we can fill many gaps for you.

I'll also help you to get your information onto the site.

With best regards

Martin

11 July, 2008 at 23:37 #620
    Beery
    Participant

Thanks. I've taken a good long look at the site now. Great info on Alfred Ibberson! Does anyone know of any photographs of earlier Ibbersons? I have one (rather poor) photo of Thomas Ibberson, and one of his daughter Lilly, but that's about it. Also, if anyone knows how I might be able to find photos of Henry Chapman (1871-1941) who married Lilly Ibberson I'd really appreciate it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.