Francis Mosley

• 11 July, 2009 at 19:36 #535
    puck66
    Participant

I'm looking for any info on a Francis Mosley born c.1825 in Bolsover, Derbyshire. His wife? was a Ann Wrigglesworth b. Worksop although I haven't found a marriage certificate for them. Francis was my 3xgreat grandfather and was at various times a miner and a framework knitter. He and Ann had at least 5 children, William, Ruth, Susannah, George and ? Any help would be appreciated, thank you,
    Linda

12 July, 2009 at 05:18 #645
    Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Welcome to our web pages. We hope you find them interesting and useful.

Francis was the son of Francis and Ruth Ratcliffe. He married Ann Wrigglesworth, and died in 1895.

I have found the following children: William,b.1846; George, b.1849; Ruth Ann, b.1855; Francis, b.1863.

Can you tell us which of the children you are descended from? It may help us to put you in contact with other researchers looking at your lines.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

12 July, 2009 at 12:34 #646
    puck66
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    I'm descended from Francis' daughter Susannah b.31 July 1858 in Brimington. She married William Lowe in Chesterfield on 16 Feb 1880. They had 4 children, including my great grandmother Ethel. Susannah and William lived for a while in Brimington before moving to 12 Sunny Springs in Chesterfield. Susannah died in 1937.
    Linda

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.