Goacher family from Rotherham

• 16 May, 2008 at 21:50 #512
    DeeGemini
    Participant

Hi. My great grandmother was Lily Goacher b 1883 in Rotherham, daughter of Alfred Goacher who was a boiler maker. The 1881 census has an Alfred Goacher, boiler maker, aged 24 (b approx 1857) living with parents Thomas and Eliza and siblings Eliza, Maria and Arthur. Is this likely to be the same Thomas, Elizabeth and Alfred that you have in your family tree? If so did Thomas marry before marrying the Sarah you have listed do you think? Im guessing this makes us related in some way! [color=#ff00ff][/color]

17 May, 2008 at 04:15 #617
    Martin
    Keymaster

[html] Dee,Welcome to our web pages, I hope you will find them interesting and helpful..It certainly looks probable.I do not have a previous wife for Thomas, but on the basis of what you say here, it certainly looks as though Alfred could well be his son. I'll do a little digging to see if I have anything I have missed on this family.It would be interesting to hear what you have since as you will see, my information after Alfred's children is non existant.Please keep in touch, and prod me from time to time if I do not respond, it is simply because I have gone off on a tangent!Best regardsMartin [/html]

2 June, 2008 at 08:23 #618
    DeeGemini
    Participant

Hi, this is a wonderful site!! I fully understand what you mean when you say you go off on a tangent……I have all sorts of info not directly related to this family!!

My grandmother was Annie Bembridge b1904 at Derby to William (b1881) and Lily nee Goacher b1883 at Swinton, S Yorks. Lilys parents were Alfred b1857 at Rotherham, and Sarah nee Hathaway b1861 at Birmingham. Alfreds parents were Thomas b1829 at Rotherham and Elizabeth nee Sales b1830 at Pontefract. Thomas was the son of George b1802 at Whitwell, Derbyshire and Sarah nee Hurt b1802 at Bramley, S Yorks. Georges parents were John b1780 at Whitwell and Anne nee Cutts b1780 at Derby. Lily was the eldest of 6 children, Alfred the 3rd of 8, Thomas 2nd of 6 and George (up to now) the eldest of 2.

I have other information such as marriages, deaths and siblings if any one is interested. Any other info to share on this family would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Dee

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.