Knowles family

• 7 August, 2009 at 06:40 #538
    cheryl
    Participant

I came across this site when researching the Knowles family who lived in Pinxton/South Normanton/ and Pinxton again from early 1800's. My 2xGgrandfather was John Knowles baptised at Woodborough Notts in 1817 child of Martha Knowles as far as I can tell who was a single woman.
    In 1839 John married Sarah Harwood of Golden Valley near Codnor and they were living in Pinxton at 1841 census. John was a coalminer. There seem to have been at least two Knowles families in Pinxton and I find it difficult to believe that here is no connection. I have fairly extensive records of John and Sarah's descendants but think the link must be in ancestors and would appreciate any help!
    If no link I still just love this site,what a superb project!

7 August, 2009 at 17:01 #647
    Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Cheryl,

I would agree with you that it is inconcievable the many 'Knowles' in Pinxton were not related.

You will have seen that both I and Stuart have members of the Knowles clan in our trees, though I have to admit I haven't yet found a link to John or his mother Martha. Someone else on here may have though.. If that is the case I hope they will let you know. Stuart and I will both be interested in that such a link will fill some of our own gaps.

Please keep coming back Cheryl, and I hope we'll be able to help you.

Many thanks for your kind comments about the site. As I've said many times, it is in it's infancy and there are many plans for major updates and improvements in the coming months. I and others are working on a lot of new content and on some additional features which we hope will make the site more useful to our visitors and members.

Best regards
    Martin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.