Mediveal Moseley/Mosley/Mossleigh etc

• 7 September, 2009 at 05:59 #540
    suefi
    Participant

I am researching the Lancashire Mosleys who claimed relationship to the Staffordshire Moseleys. They were allowed the same coat of arms in the Visitations of 1613 (Richard St George)but I can't find any evidence to support such a claim.
    If anyone has researched any of the early lines I would love to compare data.
    I feel that this line was descended from William de Mossley 1309(near Ashton-under-Lyne)and may have no connection to Staffordshire.

7 September, 2009 at 17:08 #649
    Martin
    Keymaster

Suefi,
    I too would like evidence of these early lines. No idea whether or where they may link to the lines on this site. But in any event it would be excellent to understand how the various lines developed.

8 September, 2009 at 05:00 #650
    suefi
    Participant

I will get back to you as I find bits and pieces. I think this will need a few people to form a consensus as records are found. I have a feeling though that the lines developed independently using the surname relating to the local area named Mossleigh/Mosely etc. This would mean that the lines are not related in anyway. I have not had time to look at DNA results that may be available on the internet. That could be interesting too.
    Suefi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.