Rueben & Lily Mozley

• 19 February, 2009 at 12:13 #525
    Anonymous

Hello Everyone.

I am a newbie to the site.

I was just wondering if anyone knows more about Rueben Frederick Mozley b1888 in Ulley. He married Lily Gagen……Lily was my Grandad James Gagen's sister they were born in Aughton.

does anyone know when the name changed from Mosley to Mozley?

Thanks Jenny

19 February, 2009 at 14:58 #632
    Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny,
    Welcome to our web pages, I hope you find them both helpful and interesting.
    Reuben was the son of Aaron MOZLEY and Harriet HALL. Aaron was the son of Thomas MOSLEY and Mary WHITE. The change in spelling occurs after Reuben's grandfather, and though of course we cannot be sure, is probably the result of someone interpreting a local accent and spelling the name in that particular manner.
    I can trace Reuben's ancestry back another three generations beyond his grandfather if this is of help to you.
    These families are on my independant database of the MOSLEY name, and for the moment at least, I have not found a direct link to my own MOSLEY ancestors, though given the geographic locations it is highly likely that the link is staring me in the face. This database contains nearly 11,000 names, mainly from the Yorkshire and Derbyshire areas of England. I'll be happy to search any other information if you know what you are looking for.
    I hope this is of help to you.
    Best regards
    Martin

19 February, 2009 at 17:18 #633
    Anonymous

wow! Thank You Martin! I didn't know Rueben's parents or his grandparents….That is FANTASTIC!

Love the site and enjoyed looking at the photographs.

Back Soon.
    Jenny

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.