William Henry

• 26 February, 2008 at 19:26 #484
    Martin
    Keymaster

[html] I am working with hibiscusgirl to try and find the link between my Mosley ancestors from Ecclesall, and William Henry Moseley from the same location.If any visitors have information regarding those families living in Ecclesall or nearby, please post details here, they will be extremely helpful to us.RegardsMartin [/html]

26 February, 2008 at 23:01 #591
    Anonymous

William Henry Mosely was a razor grinder by trade and he employed two boys. His son Arthur Percy was a silver engraver.

28 February, 2008 at 17:39 #592
    Martin
    Keymaster

[html] Let's put a face to the name…. [/html]

22 November, 2010 at 00:02 #593
    saus0013
    Participant

[quote1290384109=martin]
    [html] I am working with hibiscusgirl to try and find the link between my Mosley ancestors from Ecclesall, and William Henry Moseley from the same location.<br /><br />If any visitors have information regarding those families living in Ecclesall or nearby, please post details here, they will be extremely helpful to us.<br /><br />Regards<br />Martin [/html]
    [/quote1290384109]

22 November, 2010 at 00:11 #594
    saus0013
    Participant

im looking for a william mosley who lived in ecclesall bierlow back in 1880-19?????, were not sure exactly how long he lived there so its only a ruff estimate of the years, he was born around 1881, his parents were charles and caroline and his siblings were lucy, alice, john and caroline, on the 1901 census he was down as being 20yrs old and his occupation was a cardboard box maker, charles his dad was a horse hair drawer….. william married in 1905 to annie palfreyman…. hope someone can help,
    thankyou sally

30 November, 2010 at 11:09 #595
    anne

I am still looking for information on William Henry Mosley b. 1838. (as per this original thread) His picture is above. I am sorry that we do not have the same William Mosley ancestor, but good look in your search. The area is correct, so perhaps we will find a connection further along the line!

Since the original thread here, I find that William Henry Moseley b. 1838 was in fact a Mosley. I knew that his father was a Mosley and the name had changed, but only recently studying the family bible I see that William Henry's birth was entered as Mosley, but his death was entered as Moseley, so it was in fact during his generation that the name spelling changed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.